Let's Go Girls! I Won The Cira Trip To Vegas 🎉
Do you ever scroll through Instagram and see those “too-good-to-be-true” giveaways? But you tag your friends and share it because why not, right? And then you go about your day and forget about it, because no one actually wins those things.
Well, I am here to tell you, people DO win those things, and it could be you! Last summer I entered a giveaway from Cira Nutrition, a nutrition company that I had only just begun to follow as my nutrition coach tagged me in this giveaway. And let me tell you, this was THE PERFECT giveaway for me.
- Round trip airfare to Las Vegas
- Hotel stay at Las Vegas for 3 nights
- Spending cash
- FREE supplements from Cira for a year, shipped monthly
- 2 tickets to Shania Twain at her last show in her Vegas Residency
And sure enough, by the time I forgot I had even entered, I got a notification from Cira that I had won. It took them a long time to convince me that I had won. I thought it was a scam account and message for about two days! But alas, it was all true, and it was all mine!
I had been to Vegas many times before for the NFR (National Finals Rodeo). So, Vegas wasn’t new to me. However, Vegas in September, not during the NFR, was new to me. The people were so diverse, and there was a lot less cowboy hats!
I took my mom on this trip as one of her goals growing up was to take me to a Shania Twain concert. We knew we had 3 days to pack as much as we could in, and see the side of Vegas we didn’t normally see at the NFR. Mind you, we had always stayed at the MGM Grand, and had seen all the “touristy” sites like M&M World, the Bellagio Fountains, the Strip and Fremont Street.
So here is a list of what we did, accommodations, and food spots, and what we would recommend to anyone going to Vegas!
Stay: The Palms Casino Resort
- We absolutely loved staying here! We were always MGM girls, but the Palms was a totally different experience that we would do again and again! Since Cira booked the room, we really had no idea what we were getting into, and we were impressed. The hotel and casino were so clean and didn’t smell like a Vegas casino. It is a little off the Strip, so its not constant hustle and bustle, but it’s still close to everything so you’re not missing out, and your Uber bill is still low. The beds were so comfortable, and the staff were the friendliest people. We really enjoyed gambling there, too! They had the least expensive machines, but we got paid out the most there. There was also so much room that you weren’t fighting people for machines. The food here was phenomenal, and the drinks were delicious! There were two large outdoor pools with great seating and awesome wait staff. And the music selection during the day over the speakers was top notch. I also treated my mom to her first ever spa day. The spa the The Palms was to die for. It was so tranquil and clean, and the staff catered to every need or want. The massage therapists were extremely attentive and listened to what we wanted and needed. My mom was nervous, and her therapist put her right at ease! They had a great sauna and jacuzzi, as well as a ton of snacks and beverages of our choosing!
- Cirque du Soleil
Of course the main event was seeing our girl Shania, but we had two other nights we needed to fill with stuff to do. On that Friday night, we wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show, as neither of us had ever been. 10/10 would recommend. I doubt you could go wrong with which specific show you picked, but we chose “O by Cirque du Soleil” at the Bellagio. It was everything we hoped it would be! There was water, flips and tricks, comedy, excitement, and it was so captivating to watch the performers. We splurged a bit and got balcony seats. I will say, it was WORTH it. We had the comfiest chairs what were mobile on wheels, so we could move at any point in time to see better. We could see EVERYTHING. Even when the performers went into the audience, we could see and hear it all. I feel like if we sat in the crowd, we would have missed a lot of those interactions due to being unable to see behind us or below us.
- America’s Got Talent
This one I must admit, I was nervous about. I didn’t know what we were getting into. You see the auditions on TV, and you see the really, really bad ones, and the really good ones. So we weren’t sure if we were getting a mix of these types of acts or what. Boy, were we surprised. We got to watch the top 10 acts every in AGT history. It was a phenomenal show. The host was a retired NFL player, who was also a magician and was also a runner up in his season. He was so personable and charismatic, we both just wanted to listen to him the whole time. The acts were talented, some exciting and thrilling, but all of them were just incredible. We left there just awe-struck. Would absolutely recommend to anyone. It was suited for all ages and all walks of life.
- The one and only, Shania Twain
To be fair, she is no longer in residency in Vegas, so me recommending you go see her there would be poor taste on my part. However, she is on tour, so if she is coming to a city near you, GO! She is the best performer I have ever seen. Incredible sets, dancers, and costumes. She sounds amazing, she knows her audience and sang all the great hits. Her audience was so diverse, it truly spoke to her ability to touch so many different people with her story and her music. We didn’t sit down once, and we lost our voices singing every song at the top of our lungs. I literally can’t summarize it. One of the best shows and nights of my life!
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab
This one was a splurge, but it was also my birthday dinner! (Yes, this trip landed on my birthday weekend, incredible I know). We enjoyed everything we ordered. The wait staff was very professional, but also fun and happy to be there. This place is a little on the swanky end, but not so much so you don’t feel like you belong. The menu had everything from seafood to steaks (‘cause that’s what the restaurant is called!). But there was a wide variety, and even the pickiest of eaters could find something, I am sure!
- Serrano Vista Café
We ate breakfast and lunch here every day! It is actually located at the Palms Resort. The breakfast menu was my favorite. They had everything from fresh fruit served in a coconut to savory breakfast plates. Their lunch menu was also divine and had everything your heart could desire. The wait staff started recognizing us, and were just as friendly as the staff manning the hotel lobby. It was decorated in a modern style, but had a really great ambiance, the food was so fresh and so tasty.
It truly was a trip of a lifetime. It was so fun for my mom and I to get out and go try new things, and to explore things out of our comfort zones.